Monday, November 25, 2013

NO-BAKE CHOCOLATE PB OATMEAL COOKIES

Here we are, only 3 short days away from Thanksliving, or Tofurky Day, as we vegans call it! I will be cooking up a storm for my family, and making lots of yummy sweets! I made these so I could share this recipe with you and, since they are one of my Mom's favorite, I could send her and Dad home with some.
These cookies could not be an easier, and they are pretty healthy...I mean, for a cookie. Just beware, because they are addictive!


NO-BAKE CHOCOLATE PB OATMEAL COOKIES
(Makes 27-30 cookies)

*2 C Vegan, Organic sugar
*8 TBS (1 stick) of vegan butter
*1/3 C cocoa powder
*1/2 C non-dairy milk (I prefer Coconut milk)
*1 TBS vanilla
*1/2 C natural peanut butter
*3 1/2- 4 C rolled oats




















Step 1:
In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar, butter, cocoa powder, milk and vanilla. Bring to a slow boil and then simmer, stirring frequently, until all the sugar is dissolved.






































Step 2:
Add the peanut butter, and continue stirring until it is melted and blended in evenly.






















Step 3:
Remove pan from heat and stir in your oats. Begin with 3 C. Stir until evenly coated. If still watery, continue adding until it reaches a thick consistancy.






Step 4:
Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Drop mixture by heaping TBS onto the parchment. Place cookies in fridge for about an hour to firm up.



















To store: keep in an airtight container in the fridge. These are best eaten chilled, when left out, they can get very gooey! They will keep in the fridge for up to a week and a half, or freeze, for up to 3 months!
 Here's to a great Hoilday season!! I hope you and yours enjoy these cookies as much as we do!!


1 comment: